Spartan with PIM
Spartan offers PIM customers the ability to enhance their PIM test capabilities by providing a reliable test management platform for capturing PIM measurement data. This capability can be extended to new and existing PIM analyzer devices.
Configuring your PIM Controller
To communicate with Spartan, your PIM controller must be configured with compatible PIM controller software (VFP and PIM Hardware Engine), and must contain a valid PIM system calibration (NOTE: calibration files must be saved within the PIM program directory (typically c:\program files\summitek\pim) to be discovered by the hardware engine). The PIM Hardware Engine must be running in order for the Spartan thin-client software to communicate with your PIM analyzer.
- Verify that your PIM Controller is running a compatible version of the PIM controller software (i.e. For Spartan PIM Driver version 1.1.0201, PIM software version 7.4 (or newer) is required). The latest PIM software can be downloaded from the PIM download page on our website. To confirm that your controller software is compatible, check the Spartan release notes (Server -> Release Notes) under Drivers -> PIM.
- Confirm that all calibration files are present in the PIM program directory (as stated above), and that the PIM hardware engine is running on the station.
- Follow the instructions in the How-To Article "Setup a Test Station Client" to configure your test-station with a PIM instrument.
- NOTE: PIM analyzers communicate via TCP/IP to the host PIM controller machine. It is recommended that the host controller is also the Spartan Test-Station (to ensure adequate measurement speed and proper instrument connections).
- The default PIM instrument configuration settings are IP Address: 127.0.0.1, Port: 3388 (NOTE: these settings indicate that the PIM analyzer is connected to the test station machine on the default PIM listening port address, these settings may be modified to adapt to custom PIM configuration requirements).